ITOA (IT Operations Analytics)
End-user IT Analytics for security, ITSM and workplace transformation. The service maps all the IT services, how they are being consumed, and how the IT infrastructure is operating, from the only perspective that matters most, the end-users (workers). The service provides essential visibility and insight into IT operations and security for IT Governance
The ITOA architecture has been designed to simplify operations, ensure scaling and allow a rapid deployment. The system is composed of six main software components:
- The Collector captures information from all end-user desktops and laptops.
- The Mobile Bridge captures mobile device information from Microsoft Exchange.
- The Engine aggregates Collector and Mobile Bridge information and provides real-time IT analytics.
- The Finder is the rich client application for searching and analyzing data on Engines.
- The Portal aggregates Engine information and provides dashboarding, reporting and long-term trending analytics.
- The Library is a cloud knowledge database.
The modular ITOA product structure
The modular ITOA product structure
The modular product structure that can grow with your needs. The Platform is licensed with respect to the number of monitored physical or virtual devices and, optionally, server users. On top of the Platform, the following modules can be purchased:
- Security provides security related features including binary threat level and category, web threat level, category and hosting country.
- Web & Cloud grants access to analytics related to intranet and extranet HTTP and HTTPs web requests.
- VDI Tranbsfomation includes the analytics and Portal dashboards to ensure a successful VDI transformation project (coming soon for V6).
- Intergration toolkit enables the product API and access to continuously improved integration samples, reports, etc.
The Collector is a light-weight agent implemented as a kernel driver that captures network connections, program executions, web requests and many other kinds of activities and information from the devices of the end-users where it is installed. The Collector is based on patented technology offering remote and automated silent installations and insignificant performance impact on local desktops (less than 0.015% CPU usage, 500k bytes memory) while minimizing network traffic (between 0.1 and 0.3 kbps).
The Mobile Bridge
The Mobile Bridge is a server software component that gathers information about the mobile devices which connect to your Microsoft Exchange mail servers through the ActiveSync protocol. The Mobile Bridge sends all the gathered data back to the Engine, where it is organized and stored along with the information sent by the Collectors.
Finder, built upon powerful visualization techniques, is the search and user interface to render visibility into your IT infrastructure. Analyze IT services and query what you need within seconds. Expand or drill-down the results in a few clicks to reveal swiftly, across the entire network, how many versions of a particular application are in use and on which workstations, the bandwidth consumed by the application, the servers and domains that the application accesses, the network response times, which users experienced issues, and much more.
The Engine is a high-performance analytics software capable of processing millions of endpoint activities in seconds. Events sent in real time by Collectors populate the Engine with activity data, furnishing a rich repository of historical and live IT infrastructure usage data from the end-user perspective. Engine leverages an in-memory database for rapid queries and flexible reporting
Portal is the reporting tool, collaboration platform and centralized management platform of the End-User IT analytics platform. A comprehensive set of dashboards are delivered out-of-the-box but it is possible in a matter of minutes to construct custom dashboards, valuable for anyone in the organization. Personalized metrics are simple to define as drag-and-drop widgets and can be quickly published and shared. The Portal front-end is a web application running inside a browser.
Library is an on-line knowledge database that gives you access to theme-based files, a large set of ready-to-use predefined investigations, reports, templates, dashboards and application information accessible directly from the Finder and Portal. Thanks to the full integration between The Library and The Engine, your infrastructure information is always fully up-to-date, without the need for any manual interaction. The Library helps you to identify potential threats by submitting the digital footprint of any application found on a desktop or visited web domain to the The Library reference database.
The service can: Detect security threats and risks before, in a way no one else can. Improve incident, problems, capacity
and change management. Avoid costly assumptions and mistakes, resolving issues early
What can this service offer?
- Frictionless and zero-management kernel agent technology for Windows and Mac – physical and virtual.
- No interference with user experience and client/server updates.
- Continuous real-time endpoint data collection – all users, applications and connections.
- Microsoft ActiveSync Bridge supporting any mobile devices.
- Full privacy controls.
- Augmented analytics with real-time threat intelligence, application classification, web domain information, and more.
- Upload and run immediately on your platform thematic analytics packs available out of the solution library.
- In-memory database architecture centrally mapping and analyzing high variety and volume of user-centric data.
- Self-learning discovery, live and historical analytics, and light-speed data access and visualization.
- Flexible and scalable turnkey software appliance running on standard hardware and virtual server.
- Power the analytics platform with additonal data from external sources such as AD, database and logs.
- Export analytics results into other tools for further processing and reporting.
- Build custom integrations or use certified packs.
How Can ITOA (IT Operations Analytics) help my organisation
Drill down and pinpoint the exact cause of an issue
Prevent, stop or contain security issue
Find and Fix issue fast
Avoid over provisioning and unnecessary spending
Make informed decisions on how best to optimize your environment and collaboration
Would you like to know more about ITOA – Please call 0345 060 3030 and talk to our team
Nectar Cloud Limited is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s office) for Data Protection under the 1998 Act
Our registration number is ZA018418
If you wish to confirm our identity with ICO please click on the link below and enter the registration number in the search box.